US diplomat thanks King, Crown Prince for Haj service

August 19, 2018

RIYADH — Christopher Henzel, chargé de affaires at the US embassy in Riyadh, expressed his deep gratitude to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman and Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, for the warm welcome and generous hospitality accorded to thousands of American pilgrims who came to perform Haj this year.

In a statement, Henzel noted Saudi Arabia’s efforts to provide vital services for pilgrims, expressing his sincere thanks to the people of the Kingdom for this kind hospitality to American Muslims.

Meanwhile, Ministry of Haj and Umrah urged the pilgrims to follow schedules set for grouping of pilgrims so as to avert the risks of crowding and stampede. The Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has launched a program titled ‘Copy of Holy Qur’an for every pilgrim’ as part of the sixth edition of the campaign titled “Serving pilgrims and visitors is our pride’. The Presidency is exerting all efforts to help pilgrims to perform their Haj rituals in ease, tranquility, and comfort.

In a related development, the Muslim World League (MWL) will hold the annual Haj conference in Mina on Wednesday. Around 500 prominent Islamic scholars, thinkers and intellectuals from 76 countries, hosted by MWL for this year’s Haj, will attend the conference with the theme of “The concept of mercy and capacity in Islam.”

This article was first published in  Saudi Gazette

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Saudi Gazette’s Home

am

Egyptian pilgrim who lost loved ones in Al-Rawda attack praises King Salman’s invitation

August 19, 2018

Mustafa Hamdan Salama, 64, lost his loved ones during an attack on Al-Rawda mosque on 24 November. (SPA)

MAKKAH- An Egyptian Hajj pilgrim has spoken about how being a guest of King Salman on pilgrimage has helped him cope with the pain of losing three of his sons and his brother in a terrorist attack last year.
Mustafa Hamdan Salama, 64, lost his loved ones during an attack on Al-Rawda mosque on 24 November in Egypt’s North Sinai province, an incident in which 305 people were killed — including 27 children — and 128 were injured.
The attack on worshipers at Al-Rawda mosque is the bloodiest in Egypt’s history.
Salama was invited as part of King Salman’s initiative for families of wounded personnel in the Egyptian army and police to perform the Hajj pilgrimage and Umrah each year.
When asked what the initiative meant to him, Salama said the invitation gave him “feelings of joy and pleasure” about King Salman’s offer to all Muslims and Egyptians in particular.
“It is not surprising from the leader of the Islamic nation, who stands with us at all times,” he added.

This article was first published in  ARAB NEWS

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  ARAB NEWS’ Home

am

King, Crown Prince express sorrow over Kerala flood

August 19, 2018

JEDDAH — Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman has sent a cable of condolences to President Ram Nath Kovind of India, expressing his deep sorrow over the death of several people in the floods that has devastated the southern Indian state of Kerala.

“We came to know about the floods in Kerala that resulted in the deaths and displacement of several people. On behalf of ourselves as well as the people and government of Saudi Arabia, we express our deepest sorrow and offer condolences to you as well as to the families of the deceased and to the people of India,” the King said in the cable carried by the Saudi Press Agency.

Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, also sent a similar cable of condolences to President Kovind.

This article was first published in  Saudi Gazette

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Saudi Gazette’s Home

am

King Salman’s hot air balloon soars with a message of unity

August 17, 2018

King Salman’s balloon reflects the Kingdom’s role in building bridges. (SPA)

JEDDAH- A hot air balloon dedicated to Saudi King Salman took to the sky over Poland as part of an international festival.
The balloon featuring an image of the Saudi ruler and a message of unity was launched by the UAE at the 11th International Balloon Festival in the Polish city of Naunchev.
European teams and balloons from the US, Australia and Japan also took part in the 12-day festival, which ended on Wednesday.
The King Salman balloon was flown under the leadership of Capt. Abdul Aziz Nasser Al-Mansouri, who said he was proud to promote the ruler’s message of unification.
Shehab Nasser Al-Mansouri, the balloon’s technical director, said the balloon had taken part national and cultural celebrations around the world, including Poland, Russia and Italy and Jordan.
Al-Mansouri praised the support of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for young talents in the Kingdom and Gulf.
Adam Bronski, head of the festival’s organizing committee, welcomed the first European flight of King Salman’s balloon, which reflected the Kingdom’s pioneering role in building bridges.
He also praised the Kingdom’s efforts in humanitarian and medical support for Poland.

This article was first published in  ARAB NEWS

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  ARAB NEWS’ Home

am

Salman, Al Sissi meet at planned mega-city

August 15, 2018

Saudi King Salman and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman receive Egypt’s President Al Sissi at the Neom site near Maqnah, northwestern Saudi Arabia.

Cairo- Egyptian President Abdul Fattah Al Sissi on Tuesday night made a brief visit to the mega-city of NEOM in north Saudi Arabia, where he met King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz, in a sign of closer ties between the two Arab heavyweights.

The two leaders exchanged views on the latest developments in the Arab region and issues of mutual interest, an Egyptian presidential official said. “At the meeting, the whole spectrum of brotherly, bilateral ties between both countries were also reviewed,” spokesman for the Egyptian presidency Bassam Radi added without details.

 

Al Sissi’s visit to NEOM was the first by a head of state to the $500-billion project since it was launched by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman in October 2017. The project, envisaged as a high-tech hub and an economic zone, links Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.

 

NEOM is part of Vision 2030, an ambition Saudi plan designed to diversify the kingdom’s oil-reliant economy.

Saudi Arabia is a major financial and diplomatic backer of Egypt, which is a partner to a Saudi-led Arab coalition fighting Iran-allied Al Houthi militia in Yemen.

Al Sissi’s visit came a day after his talks in Cairo with Yemeni President Abd Rabbo Mansour Hadi on threats by Al Houthis to international maritime trade on the Red Sea.

Al Sissi this week said Yemen’s stability was crucial for his country’s national security and the entire region.

Last month, Al Houthis attacked two Saudi oil tankers in the Bab Al Mandab Strait, a vital waterway between the Arabian Peninsula and Africa, linking the Red Sea with the Gulf of Aden and the Suez Canal.

The attack prompted Saudi Arabia to briefly halt its oil exports through the shipping lane.

This article was first published in  Gulf News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Gulf News’ Home

am

King Salman receives Egypt president El-Sisi in Neom

August 14, 2018

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman received the Egyptian president Abdel Fateh El-Sisi in Neom on Tuesday. (SPA)

  • King Salman received the Egyptian president Abdel Fateh El-Sisi in the city of Neom
  • Relations between Saudi Arabia and Egypt were discussed during a lunch meeting

NEOM: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman received the Egyptian president Abdel Fateh El-Sisi in Neom on Tuesday.
Relations between Saudi Arabia and Egypt were discussed during a lunch meeting between the king and El-Sisi, a meeting which was also attended by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Several Saudi Arabian officials and dignitaries also attended the meeting.

This article was first published in  ARAB NEWS

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  ARAB NEWS’ Home

am

Saudi king orders hosting of 1,000 pilgrims from families of slain Egypt forces

August 11, 2018

The initiative is part of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Hajj Guests Program. (SPA)

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman announced on Saturday the kingdom will host 1,000 female and male pilgrims who are relatives of slain Egyptian security forces this Hajj season.

The initiative is part of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Hajj Guests Program, annually supervised by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance.

On Friday, King Salman announced the Kingdom will host 1,000 female and male pilgrims who are relatives of Palestinian martyrs.

This article was first published in  Alarabiya

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Alarabiya’s Home

am

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman hosts 1,000 pilgrims from Palestine

August 10, 2018

King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud. (SPA)

RIYADH-

 Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has announced the Kingdom will host 1,000 female and male pilgrims who are relatives of Palestinian martyrs this Hajj season.

The initiative is part of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Hajj Guests Program, annually supervised by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance.
In a statement, Sheikh Dr. Abdullatif bin Abdulaziz Al Al-Sheikh, Minister of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance, said that this year’s guests are coming from the continents of Asia, Africa and Europe, noting that as many as 43,547 female and male pilgrims have benefited from this program since its inception 22 years ago.

This article was first published in  ARAB NEWS

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  ARAB NEWS’ Home

am

King Salman orders hosting of 1,000 pilgrims from Palestine

August 10, 2018

King Salman

RIYADH — Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman has ordered the hosting of 1,000 female and male pilgrims, who are relatives of Palestinian martyrs, in this year’s Haj as part of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Haj Guests Program, annually supervised by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance.

In a statement to Saudi Press Agency (SPA), Sheikh Dr. Abdullatif Bin Abdulaziz Al Asheikh, minister of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance, said that this year’s guests are coming from the continents of Asia, Africa and Europe, noting that as many as 43,547 female and male pilgrims have benefited from this program since its inception 22 years ago.

This article was first published in  Saudi Gazette

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Saudi Gazette’s Home

am

Heartwarming pictures show Saudi King Salman with his grandson

Time: August 05, 2018 

These pictures have captured a heartwarming and impromptu moment between Saudi Arabia’s King Salman and his grandson Abdul Aziz bin Khalid bin Salman.

The young boy is the son of Prince Khalid bin Salman, the Saudi ambassador to the United States.

The young prince was pictured with the king during his vacation in NEOM, the planned mega-city being built in the kingdom, and has appeared with the king during several other official occasions.

This article was first published in Al Arabiya English  

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link Al Arabiya English Home

ru