Ivory Coast praises Saudi Arabia’s efforts to serve pilgrims

Time: December 28, 2018

1 / 3
Sidiki Diakite was part of an Ivory Coast delegation welcomed by Hajj and Umrah Minister Dr. Mohammed Saleh bin Taher Bentin. (SPA)
  • The Saudi minister stressed King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s willingness to offer the best services to pilgrims

JEDDAH: Ivory Coast Minister of Interior and Security Sidiki Diakite has praised Saudi Arabia’s efforts to serve pilgrims during a visit to Makkah.
Diakite was part of an Ivory Coast delegation welcomed by Hajj and Umrah Minister Dr. Mohammed Saleh bin Taher Bentin.
During the meeting, the ministers reviewed relations between the two countries, and discussed issues relating to pilgrims, Umrah performers and visitors.
The Saudi minister stressed King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s willingness to offer the best services to allow pilgrims to perform their rituals.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

ru

Hajj Ministry’s new goal: Opening up pilgrims to Saudi historical, touristic attractions

Time: October 31, 2018   

Bentin was speaking at a workshop organized by the ministry in cooperation with the emirate of Makkah. (SPA)
  • The ministry has shifted its works to the unified electronic path and is following up feedback of the service providers and recipients

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Mohammad Saleh Bentin urged Umrah companies to improve the quality of their services and announced the launch of new high-standard investment opportunities for companies operating in the sector.

“The real and sustainable gain is the dedication to serving pilgrims,” he said.

Bentin highlighted the professional environment that provides the best services to pilgrims to enrich their experience from arrival to departure after having completed their rituals. He was speaking at the first workshop organized by the ministry to present and discuss the Umrah sector strategy under Vision 2030.

Bentin said that the program for serving pilgrims aims to facilitate arrival procedures for Hajj and Umrah visitors. He stressed that giving the opportunity to a larger number of companies improves competitiveness in services and allows for a wide range of excellent options.

The minister said all sectors of the country are keen to invest their potential, services and workforce in serving pilgrims. “Serving Hajj and Umrah is a national responsibility shared by all,” he said.

Bentin said that the sectors are endeavoring to serve pilgrims and enrich their Hajj and Umrah experience by introducing them to the many historical places and Islamic monuments and by creating a suitable environment.

He also underscored the importance of providing information, using technology and preparing quality initiatives that reflect the attention and care accorded by the Saudi leadership to pilgrims and visitors.

He said the ministry aims to issue Umrah visas throughout the year and without stopping during the Hajj season.

The ministry’s undersecretary, Abdul Aziz Wazzan, presented the Umrah-specific goals, the current Umrah figures and statistics, and the challenges of the sector. Then he presented the main areas in which the strategy and executive plans will operate to improve the quality of Umrah services to suit the growing number of pilgrims and reach efficient procedures through electronic platforms.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

ru

744,660 pilgrims arrive in Madinah

September 16, 2018

The total number of pilgrims who arrived in Madinah after performing Hajj rituals has so far reached 744,660 pilgrims.

The daily statistics reported by Madinah-based Unit for Media and Social Communication of Hajj Committee said that the total number remaining in Madinah is 185,662 pilgrims.

This article was first published in  Al-Riyadh Daily

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Al-Riyadh Daily’s Home

am

Prince Khalid: We aim to host five mln pilgrims as part of developing project

August 23, 2018

Saudi Prince Khalid Al Faisal, governor of Mecca, president of Hajj Central Committee, in his press conference on Thursday. (Screen grab)

On the occasion of the Hajj process this year in Saudi Arabia’s Mecca city, Saudi Prince Khalid Al Faisal, governor of Mecca, president of Hajj Central Committee, said in a press conference on Thursday, that the total security personnel deployed reached 250,000, adding that the number of pilgrims without an entry permit reached 110,000.

Al Faisal added that more than 32,000 doctors and health practitioners were present in 135 health facilities.

The governor of Mecca said that Hajj Central Committee will adopt “Smart Hajj” as part of the Holy Sites development project, which will accommodate 5 million pilgrims.

He clarified that all pilgrims this year had an electronic bracelet for their safety.

Prince Khalid pointed out that he expects the project of developing the holy sites to be implemented by next year, and that Hajj Central Committee will start as of next week preparations for next year Hajj.

He praised the role of the media, which contributed to the success of Hajj season this year.

Prince Khalid Al Faisal added saying: “We are coordinating with more countries to implement the project of facilitating the entry process of pilgrims.”

He pointed out that the kingdom does not impose an age group on pilgrims from any country.

On Wednesday and in an interview with Al Arabiya News Channel that the “decline in the number of violations this year is a great success, compared to the numbers in previous years, which amounted to half of the number of pilgrims.” Read more

This article was first published in  Alarabiya

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Alarabiya’s Home

am

Qatari pilgrims arrive in Saudi Arabia via Kuwait to warm welcome

August 16, 2018

A welcoming board for Qatari pilgrims who arrived in Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj. (Supplied)

Despite the fact that Doha has blocked its registration site for Qatari pilgrims, a number of them still arrived in Saudi Arabia through Kuwait.

Mohammed Saleh bin Taher Benten,  Minister of Hajj and Umrah, greeted the pilgrims after Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz appointed him to welcome the Qatari Hajj pilgrims with gratitude.

He added that the kingdom rejects all efforts to politicize Hajj.

Meanwhile, the first batch of Yemeni pilgrims who are families of martyrs of the National Army arrived in Saudi.

Also 1,000 Palestinian pilgrims who hail from families of martyrs have arrived in the kingdom. Read more

This article was first published in  Alarabiya

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Alarabiya’s Home

am