SR1 billion employment initiative to support 80,000 Saudis

06/06/20

RIYADH: More than 80,000 male and female citizens are expected to benefit from “employment support” initiative, recently launched by the Saudi Human Resources Development Fund.
SR1 billion has been dedicated to implement the initiative, as part of a package of support initiatives amounting to SR5.3 billion, announced by the fund to support the employment, training and empowerment of Saudi men and women.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

Campaign launched to shield Saudi elderly from virus

04/04/20

RIYADH: The Ministry of Health has launched a campaign aimed at helping the elderly to avoid contracting the killer coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Older people are considered more vulnerable to respiratory infections and the initiative, published on the ministry’s Twitter account through an infographic, reinforces guidelines on the importance of social distancing.
Meanwhile, the General Secretariat of the Council of Senior Scholars appreciated the coordination of citizens and residents regarding the instructions issued by the competent authorities in the Kingdom.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

Saudi ministry allocates $4.5 billion to cushion impact of COVID-19 crisis on workers

Time: 02 April, 2020

Municipal workers in the Eastern Province spray disinfectant on a street to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). (SPA)
  • Total number of coronavirus cases reaches 1,720 in Kingdom

JEDDAH: The Saudi Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development has allocated SR17 billion ($4.5 billion) to deal with the economic and jobs fallout from the coronavirus crisis.

Nasser bin Abdulrahman Al-Hazani, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development, said that the outlay was in line with the Kingdom’s efforts to contain the outbreak while supporting the private sector, economic growth and employment.

Under new ministry rules, expat workers whose residency permits (iqama) expire before June 30 will be exempt from financial fees and their permits extended for three months, he said.

Al-Hazani said that under the Saudi labor system employees cannot be forced to take unpaid leave without their consent.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health said that 157 new coronavirus cases have been recorded in the Kingdom. It also said that 99 people have recovered from the virus — the highest number since the beginning of the outbreak — bringing the total number to have recovered to 264.

FASTFACT

264

The total number of COVID-19 patients in Saudi Arabia who have recovered so far

The total number of confirmed cases in Saudi Arabia reached 1,720, with most new cases divided between Madinah with 78 and Makkah with 55.

The ministry said that another six people have died from the virus, bringing the total to 16, five of whom were non-Saudis.

“We notice a significant decline in travel-related cases due to the precautionary measures taken by the ministry and other governmental entities,” Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Mohammed Al-Abd Al-Aly said. “We announced one case only today and soon we won’t have any more cases related to travel.”

Al-Aly said that Saudi Arabia’s efforts to control the crisis mean it is one of only a few countries in the world able to control the virus outbreak.

The Saudi Interior Ministry has urged people to stay home even outside curfew hours.

“Many people are rushing to shopping centers and malls as soon as the curfew period is over,” Sami Al-Shuwairikh, spokesman for the Saudi General Directorate of Public Security, said. “We emphasize that leaving the house during open hours should only be for necessary needs.”

The directorate received 37,000 special requests regarding transportation and humanitarian cases in the past two days.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

Makkah launches service to help people in need

Time: 31 March, 2020

Makkah Gov. Prince Khalid Al-Faisal. (SPA)

  • Saudi Arabia is taking all possible measures to mitigate the impact of the global epidemic

JEDDAH: The Makkah governorate is offering a new service for those wishing to benefit from the campaign “Barran bi Makkah,” launched by Makkah Gov. Prince Khalid Al-Faisal.
The campaign aims to help families and owners of small businesses who have been hard hit by the precautionary measures taken to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Kingdom.
People who wish to benefit from the campaign can log on to https://bmakkah.ecloud.sa/login. The campaign was run in coordination with the Sqaia and Rvada Committee.
The Makkah governorate has also directed the formation of a committee in each province of the region to monitor and select people for assistance.
A specialized team will review and finalize applications in coordination with relevant authorities before making a decision.
Saudi Arabia is taking all possible measures to mitigate the impact of the global epidemic. On Monday, King Salman issued an order to provide free treatment to all COVID-19 patients. The order not only applies to citizens and residents but people who have violated the country’s residency laws will also receive free treatment if they are tested positive for the virus.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

King Salman orders free coronavirus treatment in Saudi Arabia, including residency violators

30/03/20

King Salman has ordered free treatment be provided to all coronavirus patients in all government and private health facilities in Saudi Arabia. (SPA)

  • Royal order applicable to government and private health facilities

RIYADH: King Salman has ordered free treatment be provided to all coronavirus patients in all government and private health facilities in Saudi Arabia.

The Kingdom’s health minister, Dr. Tawfiq bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah, announced the king’s order at a press conference in Riyadh on Monday and said it included citizens and residents – even those in violation of residency laws.

Fahad Nazer فهد ناظر

@KSAEmbassySpox

In accordance with a royal order from His Majesty King Salman, Minister of Health says all citizens and residents in the kingdom – including those in violation of residency laws- will receive Coronavirus related medical care free of charge. https://twitter.com/KSAMOFA/status/1244595967527182336 

وزارة الخارجية ??

@KSAMOFA

بأمر #خادم_الحرمين_الشريفين

تقديم الرعاية الصحية من الدولة فيما يخص #كورونا بالمستشفيات العامة والخاصة يشمل مخالفي أنظمة الإقامة والعمل وأمن الحدود وعدم معاقبتهم بشرط الإفصاح والفحص

Embedded video

234 people are talking about this

Al-Rabiah said the royal order was borne out of the king’s keenness to put the health of citizens and residents first and to ensure the safety of all.

The number of virus victims in Saudi Arabia reached 1,453 on Monday, with 8 confirmed deaths and 115 recoveries.

The president of the Saudi Human Rights Commission, Awwad bin Saleh Al-Awwad, thanked King Salman for the directive.

“This reflects the human and moral approach the Kingdom is adopting in dealing with this pandemic,” he said, adding that Saudi Arabia “is keen to ensure that patients receive the necessary treatment according to the highest medical standards without discrimination.”

He added: “This gives the most striking example in preserving human rights and dignity as everyone, whether citizen or resident, should enjoy health and safety, including violators of the residency system.”

This move, he said, clearly reflects the Kingdom’s approach based on respecting and promoting human rights on the ground.

“This shows that the most valuable asset for Saudi Arabia is the human being, thereby guaranteeing a decent and healthy living, the foremost right of everyone.”

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

Saudi Health Ministry grants pregnant women sick leave to avoid virus risks

15/03/20

Passengers coming from China wearing masks to prevent a new coronavirus are checked by Saudi Health Ministry employees upon their arrival at King Khalid International Airport, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia January 29, 2020. (Reuters)
  • The sick leave is part of precautionary measures aimed at confronting the spread of coronavirus

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health has announced a compulsory two-week sick leave for pregnant women.
The leave has also been granted to people with respiratory and chronic diseases, tumors and immunodeficiency who are workers in both the private and public sectors.

Dr. Tawfig Al-Rabiah said the committee tasked to monitor coronavirus developments will “implement a package of preventive measures to prevent societal outbreaks.”

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

‘Wusool’ transport program benefits 60,000 Saudi women

20/02/20

RIYADH: Over 60,000 Saudi female employees have benefited from Wusool, a female transportation program that helps ease their daily commute.

The program aims to find solutions that reduce the burden of transportation costs for Saudi female workers in the private sector by providing them with subsidies from the Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) for high-quality, safe and secure transportation services to and from the workplace, partnering with taxi companies through licensed smart apps.

The program aims to increase the participation of women in the labor market and increase job stability.

The HRDF said it made amendments and updates to Wusool to ensure that the largest number of applicants benefitted from it. This comes as part of the HRDF’s support for women working in the private sector.

The procedures included amendments to the terms of enrollment in the program, including the requirement to be registered under the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI), where the employee should be registered for less than 36 months, and her monthly salary should not exceed SR8,000 ($2,132). SPA Riyadh

The amendments also included a fixed monthly financial support provided by HRDF, covering 80 percent of the cost at a maximum of SR800 per month, in addition to the cancelation of the previously planned financial participation of SR200, and extending the support period to 12 months.

Women working in the private sector can register for the Wusool program by visiting http://wusool.sa.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

1.692 billion riyals injected into home loans fund in Saudi Arabia

Time: 07 January, 2020 

The money was deposited in the Real Estate Development Fund. (SPA)

  • The money was deposited in the Real Estate Development Fund

RIYADH: A total of SR1.692 million ($451 million) has been pumped into a fund aimed at helping Saudis to become homeowners.
The money was deposited in the Real Estate Development Fund (REDF) in December last year for beneficiaries of the Sakani program.
The fund’s spokesperson, Hamoud Al-Osaimi, said the monthly funding confirmed the REDF’s determined efforts to support Saudi citizens looking to own their first home.

This article was first published in Arab News

If you want more interesting news or videos of this website click on this link  Arab News Home

ru