Time: May 27, 2018
The ‘Jabal Abyad‘ is one of the Kingdom’s pride possessions and one of nature’s force to be reckoned with. It is the tallest volcano in the Kingdom but isn’t quite so easy to visit (for tourists). However, it still manages to fascinate residents and foreigners alike and we can’t blame them.
Here are a few things to know about the Jabal Abyad…
1. It stands at 2,093 meters (6,867 feet)
2. Its name ‘Jabal Abyad’ translates to ‘White Mountain’
And the reason for that name is due to the fact that it produces white ash.
3. This volcano rarely erupts
(Image Credits: www.weather.com)
4. It won’t be such an easy spot for tourists to see
According to Arab News, its terrains are hard even on the toughest ground jeeps.
5. It’s located in Harrat Khaybar
Harrat Khaybar is located about 130 km north of Al Madinah and covers an area of 14,000 square km, according to Stanford Education.